|"Great hospitality! Best beds in NZ so far,Thanks" Tanja & Volker - Germany.
|Saltwater Swimming Pool - Spa:
Refresh in the saltwater swimming pool or simply just enjoy
the sunset at the end of your day sitting in the steaming
Relaxation areas are plentiful both inside and outside the lodge,
sit under the shade of an umbrella and watch as friends and
family play in the pool, listen to the sound of water from the
waterfall that flows into the fishpond and watch as the fish
bath in the sun.
- Crystal saltwater swimming pool.
- Large steaming out-door spa.
Have a picnic around the pool, take a dip and then relax in the shade with a good book and a glass of wine.
The BBQ courtyard and outdoor dining area is covered for
year round alfresco dining, complete with gas BBQ's and a
patio heater makes this an ideal entertaining area.
Have a drink while talking to friends or making new friends
around the Barbie or just sit and relax while listening to the
background music and the sound of water from the garden
Fountain that provides piece and harmony in the lodge
gardens giving it a resort like feel.
Say hello to Aussie the cheeky rainbow lorikeet as he hangs from the weeping maple tree that ads shade and ambience to the area.
- Ideal entertaining area for 2 or 22.
- Waterproof sails for year round alfresco dining.
- Two gas BBQ’s set in a brick and tile feature.
- Dining area with patio heater for year round comfort.
Infrared Therapy Sauna:
Relax, Unwind and Revitalize in the Infrared Therapy Sauna.
Unlike traditional saunas, the Infrared Heat Therapy treatment uses a lower heat that penetrates your body deeper & provides five therapies in the one session. * Infrared Heat Therapy * Full Spectrum Sunlight Therapy * Music Therapy * Colour Therapy * Aroma Therapy.
Research shows that among the benefits this type of sauna offers include:
- Improved blood circulation and cardio fitness
- Reduces and removes muscle/joint aches & pains
- Promotes the bodies natural detoxification process through sweat
- Accelerate your metabolism assisting in weight loss
- Helps to promote relaxation, boost moods and improve general wellbeing
This process takes place in a safe and pleasant environment which does not put strain on the body, so you're not only relaxing you are also improving your health as well!
Sauna hire available for non guests in Wanganui $12 for up to two people.
The Anndion Lodge has a large stylish and modern fully equipped self-catering
kitchen where guests can prepare meals at their leisure.
Guests will find plates, platters, bowls and dishes, so whether
you are preparing a snack or a feast you will find what you require
tucked away neatly in the kitchen cupboards.
All appliances and lodge facilities are available for guest use.
- $2 Café bar coffee bean/chocolate Espresso Machine.
- 2 x microwaves, full stove, electric fry pans.
- Dishwasher, fridge/freezer, water filter.
- Griller, toasters, toasty sandwich machine.
- Juicer, rice cooker, bread maker.
You will also find complimentary tea, coffee and sugar as well as milk and condiments in the fridge and a fruit bowl and biscuits on the bench.
For bed and breakfast guests a delicious home cooked breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausages, tomatoes and hashbrowns @$NZ 18.00 is available, omelette @ $NZ12.00, eggs on toast @$NZ10.00 or a
Continental Breakfast @ $NZ 12.00 per person of cereal and fruit with yoghurt. Juice and toast with a choice of spreads fare served with all breakfasts.
A home cooked evening dinner, usually a roast @ $20.00 per person is available by request.
Meals can be delivered to the lodge or if you wish charged back to your room from local restaurants.
We can offer catering for groups, price on application.
|Lounge - Deck :
The lodge offers a large Lounge area with 2 separate areas
where you can sit and relax or mix and mingle with other
guests and share in experiences and chatter.
open out onto a sunny balcony that looks out over the
picturesque Whanganui River where you can sit and watch as
the Waimarie (New Zealand’s last paddle steamer) cruises on by.
- Full entertainment systems with DVD/video/CD Library.
- A slate pool table for your leisure.
- Assortment of books/newspapers/magazines for your reading pleasure.
- A cosy gas log fire for the cooler evenings.
You will find the lounge area complete with all the comforts you would find at home:
|Dining Room - Internet:
Natter to other guests over breakfast or just sit with the morning
Paper, check your emails, choose a crystal wine glass from the
cabinet or watch the fish as they get their morning feed.
There are computers with FREE high speed Internet & there is also
wireless available throughout the lodge for guest use & convenience.
- 2 computers with Free broadband + wireless Internet.
- $2 snack machine for guest convenience.
- Glass cabinet with a choice of glasses, wine, beer etc.
The snack machine offers a range of items including chocolate bars, salted peanuts, muesli bars, 2-minute noodles and pasta snacks etc.